Selecting a Roadside Assistance Plan
When you encounter a problem with your vehicle while taking a trip on the road, it can prove to be inconvenient as well as an expensive experience, unless you have the foresight to have enrolled in roadside assistance service. One cannot always think of every eventuality, but owning a serviceable vehicle and traveling on the road almost always requires that a car owner have some sort of contingency in place to take care of roadside assistance needs.
It could be that you cannot imagine yourself being inconvenienced on the road, as you never have been in the past, but you can never really know what you will meet while driving. No matter what the reason for the breakdown, it will spare you the headache and the large bill to make sure you have a roadside service plan all set when you travel. A motorist such as yourself should realize that, without roadside assistance plans, towing service could end up being expensive. And this does not even include paying for the mechanic’s bill to find out and fix whatever is wrong with your car.
Here some tips to help you find cheap roadside assistance right when you need it.
1. Vehicle insurance may sometimes include roadside assistance or towing services. Be acquainted with the coverage your auto insurance includes and take note of the roadside services available to you. These additions to your coverage will be minimal on the whole, if you consider how much it can cost you to spend for roadside service which is not covered on your plan.
2. Roadside assistance may be included in the warranty that car makers provide when you buy your unit. No matter what the terms of the warranty, it will be good to know you can get roadside service for when the situation demands.
3. It is also good to note that some wireless service companies do offer roadside services to their account holders. Many of the major service providers do give out these plus services, and it is a small matter to contact them to confirm the terms offered. The rates though may differ according to the service provider and may also have some limits as to the distance your car can be towed. Be definite about the terms of the service and what charges you would incur when you go past the limit, for instance, of the towing distance offered. It is better to be prepared for any eventuality.
4. Some credit card companies also provide roadside services free of charge, although, again, some limits may apply as to the type of services or with the distance of towing required. Once more, it is wise to ask about the exclusions before you make use of the service.
5. Membership clubs may be able to provide you a more comprehensive set of roadside assistance services, but you can choose the membership level you wish to enroll in or can afford. But do not settle for anything but the best, which is the Motor Club of America. This auto club has reasonable rates for any level of membership you choose. They know everything there is to know about roadside servicing from having served thousands of customers since the beginning of operation.
If you’re the kind who is on the road most of the time, a roadside assistance service is a great way to make sure you never have to worry about a car breakdown. And if you have been having car trouble lately, it will not hurt to be prepared. Get your plan now. You will feel more confident going on the road when you know you are covered.
Source: Roadside assistance